I like to call this dessert Calories Supreme, because it’s a no-holds-barred kind of dessert. So if you’re shy about calories, look away really quickly! 😀
It’s a simple dessert to put together though, and tastes soooo good, your dessert dish will be wiped clean in record time!
- plain cake - like vanilla or sponge (This can be store-bought or home-made - see link in instructions)
- 1 tin pineapple chopped into small pieces
- custard pudding (see recipe link in instructions below)
- crushed walnuts or hazelnuts (whichever you prefer)
- vanilla ice-cream (softened slightly)
- crushed oreos
First, slice your cake and lay it on the dessert dish. Drizzle it with the juice from your tin of pineapple. Now sprinkle the pineapple cubes all over the cake. Follow this up with some yummy thick custard pudding, and then sprinkle the crushed nuts over the custard. Now take your ice-cream and put it into a bowl, stir it for a few minutes so that it softens slightly. Add the ice cream over the dessert in a good thick layer. Finally, crush some Oreos and sprinkle them on top!
There you have it, your yummy dessert is all-set, serve and enjoy! 🙂
You can prepare it in advance up to the custard and nuts stage and cling film and refrigerate…that way when you are about to serve all you need to do is soften your ice cream, add it with the crushed oreos and serve right away! 🙂