Servings : Serves 3-4
This is one salad that I can have on it’s own, without any accompanying meal! Utterly delicious with an awesome sweet and salty combination, and you will find yourself taking second and third helpings easily! It goes well with bbq’s of any kind, roasts, pasta dishes, burgers, etc.
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets and cleaned well
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small firm ripe tomato, cut into cubes (you can even use halved plum tomatoes)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet corn, drained
- 1/4 cup roasted cashewnuts (or almonds)
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or mix quarter cup thick yoghurt with quarter cup mayo)
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or white vinegar
Combine the broccoli florets, chopped tomato, grated carrot, sweet corn, chopped onion, raisins and the cashews, mix well.
In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise (and yoghurt if you’re using it), sugar, and lemon/vinegar. Beat with a fork until smooth and creamy. Pour this dressing into the salad and stir carefully until everything is coated. Chill this salad for a few hours and serve!