Servings : Serves 2-3
Tasty tender mutton liver cooked with potatoes and served with a tangy lemon flavoured rice.
Ingredients for Liver
- 250 gm mutton liver, cleaned and cubed
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed, then fried until tender and drained.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp black pepper, roughly crushed
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes (optional)
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- salt to taste
- some freshly chopped coriander leaves
Ingredients for Rice
- 3 cups boiled/pre-cooked plain rice (if you want it yellow add turmeric powder to it whilst boiling)
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 1-2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 curry leaves/limro
First prepare the Liver
Heat oil in a pan, fry onions until translucent, then add liver with ginger/garlic pastes and add all the spices along with lemon juice, green chillies and salt/pepper. Cook until the liver changes colour and is about done. Add the fried potatoes and stir together so the potatoes get well coated with the onion masala.
Once done, immediately remove from heat, otherwise the liver will become hard if over-cooked. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Next, prepare the Rice
Heat the oil, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds, followed by the curry leaves and green chilli.
Add the lemon juice followed by the rice. Stir together for a few minutes until it is heated through then add the zest and serve hot!