Servings : Serves 3-4
A refreshing accompaniment to any meal, this goes well with roast chicken or tacos or over fried rice or as a dip for tortilla chips or with tacos. Basically if you like mangoes, you could probably have this salsa with a spoon and nothing else.
- 1 large sweet ripe mango, peeled, deseeded and cubed
- 1 small cucumber, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. spring onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp. red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper/capsicum, chopped into cubes
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 red or green chilli, chopped
- a handful of chopped fresh coriander
Mix everything together in a bowl and taste for seasoning. Adjust if needed. If your mango is not very sweet, you could add a light sprinkle of sugar to give the salsa a sweet touch. Refrigerate for a few hours for the flavours to develop before serving.