Servings : Serves 2
This simple fruit, the Banana, has loads of nutritional benefits. Here are just a few:
– they reduce risk of heart disease and blood pressure
– regulate the bowel system
– reduce depression
– reduce menstrual pains
– rich in potassium and iron
– increase brain power
– increase energy
– soothe ulcers
- 2 medium-sized ripe bananas or 1 large (preferably frozen)
- 2 cups chilled/icy milk
- 1-2 tbsp. honey or sugar
- 8 ice cubes
- few drops of lemon juice (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
Ideally the smoothie turns out better with frozen bananas because they tend to give the drink a thick consistency and keep it cold. Make sure to peel, slice and then wrap the bananas well before freezing to make them easier to blend.
You can add crushed blanched/peeled almonds for a nutty flavor, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a richer taste.
Add all the ingredients into your blender and then blend until smooth and frothy. Pour into your serving glasses and serve immediately.