Servings : Makes 2 litres
Did you know that making ice-cream can be as easy as 1,2, 3?
Well this is a version of making ice-cream that will literally blow your mind! All it takes is 2 ingredients plus flavorings of your choice and you end up with the most delicious, creamiest, tastiest ice-cream! Almost like the ready-made version! Maybe even slightly better because with this recipe you get to make LITERALLY whichever flavor your heart desires.
I’ve made vanilla-cake ice-cream and cookie-crumb chocolate ice-cream, pictured above.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (390 ml)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup flavourings of choice (fruits, crumbled cake, cookies, mint chips etc) (optional)
There are two versions of ice-creams, the custard based ones….which are lengthy and involve the cooking of egg yolks to form a custard, using an ice-cream machine or freezing and re-freezing the ice-cream every few hours…etc etc….and then there is this method, which is a quick-fix version.
Please click HERE for step by step instructions.
Step 1: Whip 2 cups of whipping cream with a quarter tsp. of salt and 2 tsp. vanilla essence until stiff peaks form.
Step 2: Mix 1 can of good quality condensed sweet milk (about 390 ml) with any flavourings that you want, then fold this into the cream. (Ideas of flavourings given below)
Step 3: Freeze for minimum 6-8 hours and then serve!
This recipe makes about 2 litres of ice-cream.
For my vanilla cake ice-cream, I had some leftover vanilla cake, crumbed it up (about 1 cup) and mixed that with the sweet condensed milk, then folded it in the whipped cream.
For the cookie-crumb ice-cream, I crumbed up some chocolate chip cookies (also about 1 cup), added that to the sweet condensed milk, added 2 tsp. cocoa powder, drizzled some chocolate syrup, mixed these together then folded into the cream.
So basically, you add everything you want into the condensed sweet milk, mix it well, then add into the whipped cream and fold until combined. Here are some more ideas of what you flavours you can add, remember, you don’t have to stick with just one…you can make a combination of stuff like nuts and chocolate, mint and chocolate etc:
– You can add some melted butter for a creamier finish. (1-2 tbsp.)
– Pieces of chocolate like chocolate chips, mars, bounty, snickers, M&M’s, chopped maltesers, kit Kat…etc
– Nuts of your choice
– Food Colouring that you want
– Fruits (you can puree them and add to make mango ice-cream, peach ice-cream, banana ice-cream, strawberry ice-cream…etc)
– Cake or Cookies or Cheesecake
– Different essences or flavours like cinnamon, lemon, strawberry, coffee etc
– Caramel, dulce de leche, toffee, chocolate sauce, peanut butter, etc
With this ice-cream, the sky is the limit. You can mix just about anything that you like!! I whipped the cream, divided it into two lots then flavoured each one differently so I could have 2 ice-cream flavours from the same amount. Got a litre of ice-cream of each yummy flavour.
Try the recipe and tell me what amazing flavours you tried!!