Servings : Serves 4
Deliciously cheesy meatballs, these taste great on their own or served with accompaniments like pasta or fries.
- 500 g chicken mince
- 3 slices white bread (soaked in some milk)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp. grated cheese
- 1 small garlic clove, minced to a paste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 tbsp. finely chopped parsley or coriander
- 1-2 tsp. chilli flakes (optional)
- 1-2 green chillies, chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- salt to taste
In a pan, saute the chopped onion, garlic, salt and pepper for about 5-6 minutes or until soft. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
Soak the bread in milk until softened and then squeeze out the excess milk and discard the milk.
In a bowl, add the chicken mince, beaten egg, tomato paste, parsley or coriander, cheese, onion mixture, chilli and the bread. Mix together well and shape around 12 meatballs.
Oil a baking sheet or ovenproof dish (I mostly use a 9×13 Pyrex dish) and arrange the meatballs. Squeeze a little ketchup on top of each meatball and spread with a spoon. Bake in the preheated oven at 180 C for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve and Enjoy!