Servings : Makes 4
These warm and aromatic spicy parathas are a delight! By adding some different herbs and spices to my regular parathas dough recipe, one can get some super flavourful results to break the monotony of having plain parathas every time. I normally enjoy these hot with a simple cup of tea but they also work well with a pickle or curry. You can add or play around with different spices and herbs to find something that you personally enjoy.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose/plain flour (you can mix half all purpose and half atta if you like, I always do that)
- 2 tbsp. ghee (plus a bit extra for rolling and cooking)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 tsp. garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
- warm water or milk (about half to three-quarter cup)
Put the flour in a bowl, then add in all the dry ingredients. Mix together, then rub in the ghee. Next, add the warm water/milk gradually whilst kneading until the dough comes together. Make sure it is a nice soft dough, the more you knead it the better your results will be.
Then follow the exact same steps as directed in my regular parathas recipe, link HERE