For Method 1
Evaporated Milk 1 Tin (unsweetened)
Milk Powder 2 cups
1. Take a mixing bowl and put the milk powder in it.
2. Now add the Evaporated milk in it slowly.
3. Knead it into a dough (hard dough)
4. Now make a ball of this dough and put it in the freezer.
5. After 30 minutes or so, take this ball out of the freezer.
6. Now grate it using a coarse grater and use it as you want it.
I prefer this method as this is the fastest and sure shot method.
For Method 2
3 cups Full Cream Milk
300 ml Thickened Cream
1 can Condensed Milk
1. Put all the ingredients in a microwave proof container
2. Heat it on high for 4 minutes
3. Take the container out and stir it.
4. Heat it on high again for 4 minutes.
5. Stir it again.
If you are not using the Microwave then just heat the mixture in a thick bottomed pan on the stove for 5-6 minutes ( or more , until the consistency starts to thicken ), making sure that the mixture does not stick to the bottom.
Your Khoya is ready. This can be used to make Burfi and Malai Pedas.
Recipe and instructions courtesy of: http://www.pakladies.com/how-to-make-khoya-mawa/