Servings : 2
This is a tangy, spicy and yummy quick fix snack that can be put together without much effort as long as all the ingredients are on hand. Perfect for those dull afternoons when you’re craving some spicy carbs!
- 500 gm potatoes (fries/chips baked or fried)
- 1 medium onion (finely diced)
- 2 medium tomatoes (cubed)
- 1/4 cup sweet tamarind sauce (recipe link provided in the instructions)
- 1/2 cup yoghurt (whipped)
- 2 tbsp. tomato sauce/ketchup
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder (optional)
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. chopped coriander (for garnishing)
- chopped green or red chili (for garnishing)
Mix the tamarind sauce with the tomato sauce. Set aside.
Mix the yoghurt with the red chili powder, salt, lemon juice and cumin powder. Set aside.
Put your fries/chips in a bowl. Drizzle the tamarind/tomato sauce and the yoghurt mixture. Mix everything, then add the chopped onions tomatoes. Toss together to combine.
Serve in individual plates or bowls. You can sprinkle some paprike powder and drizzle some more tamarind/yoghurt then garnish with coriander and chopped chilies. Have it while it’s hot!!