Servings : Serves 6
A coulourful and delicious steak and pepper dish that is easy to prepare and tastes great with my Chinese Rice dish.
- 1 kg rump steak - cut into strips, then boiled for about 15 mins in a pressure cooker with some ginger/garlic, 2-3 cups water, salt/pepper, 1 tbsp. of vinegar and a tbsp. of oil. Drain and set aside. Reserve the stock.
- 3 large peppers/capsicum, cut into thick strips (preferably assorted colours)
- 2 grated medium sized onions
- 2-3 spring onions chopped finely
- 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 2-3 tbsp tomato paste/puree
- 2-3 green chillies chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp corn flour, mixed with water into a paste
- soya sauce
- salt to taste
Heat the oil in a wok, add the onions and fry until soft and translucent. Add the ginger garlic and fry for a minute, then add the green chillies and the capsicum strips. Stir fry for about 3 minutes, and add the tomato paste and salt. Cook for about 2 more minutes, then add the stock.
Cover and simmer until the capsicum is softened, then add the boiled beef strips and the corn flour paste.
Mix together, and let it simmer for another 5 minutes, then splash on soya sauce and turn off the stove.
Serve with Chinese Rice. Enjoy!!