Servings : Makes 20-25
These croquettes are easy to make and super flavourful!
- 1/2 kg white potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup boiled and shredded chicken (boil with 1 tsp. garlic/ginger paste and salt)
- 1 capsicum, chopped very finely (you can use a combination of colors if you like)
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp. oil or butter
- 2 tbsp. chopped coriander
- 1-2 green chillies, chopped
- salt to taste
- juice of 1 lemon (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
Heat the oil, then add the onions, capsicum and carrot. Cook them down for just a couple of minutes to slightly soften them. Then add them to the mashed potatoes, add the green chillies, salt, lemon, chilli powder, black pepper, chopped coriander and the shredded chicken. Mash together and adjust the spices n salt to your taste.
Shape the croquettes, cover and refrigerate them for at least half an hour, or several hours preferably if possible.
When ready to fry, beat one egg with a tsp. of water. Put some breadcrumbs in another plate. Dip the croquettes in the egg then roll one at a time in the breadcrumbs until well coated. Fry on medium heat until golden and crispy. You can shallow fry if you like, but I prefer deep frying these to get an even perfect colouring.
Serve with chutney of your choice and enjoy! 🙂