Servings : Makes 25-30 kababs
These kababs are an amazing accompaniment to Pilaus and they can easily work as a sandwich filler, or just a snack with chutneys.
- 1kg white potatoes
- 1 large onion chipped very finely or grated then squeezed to get rid of excess water
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp. chopped limro leaves
- 3 chopped green chillies
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tsp. red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 2 tbsp. breadcrumbs or rice flour
- 1 tsp. soft butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 tbsp. water (to be used for dipping the kababs into before frying)
Boil the potatoes, peel and mash them. Add in the butter followed by all the other ingredients EXCEPT the egg. Mix well.
Shape into round patties. Refrigerate for about an hour (covered with cling wrap).
Dip in beaten egg and fry until golden brown, then blot in kitchen towels.