Both delicious and healthy, this dish can be used as a filler for sandwiches or buns, as a base for making Fish Kababs or even as a part of the toppings for seafood pizza!
- 250gm fish fillet, cut into 1 inch cubes -Marinate the fish for at least 2 hours in 1 tsp. of red chilli powder and 1/2tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. garlic paste and juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- 2 tbsp. butter or oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp. ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp. garlic paste
- 1 tsp. cumin/jeera powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp. coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp. tandoori masala
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 4 tbsp. fresh chopped coriander
- 1-2 green chillies chopped
- juice of 1/2 a lemon, freshly squeezed
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. garam masala
Heat the butter/oil, add the onions and fry until translucent but not brown. Add the ginger and garlic pastes, fry for a few seconds, and then add the fish.
Stir-fry on medium heat until the fish changes color slightly, then start breaking the fish apart using your spoon. Fish cooks very fast, so keep the heat low and keep on stirring regularly. Sprinkle cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, black pepper and tandoori powder. Add half the lemon juice and half the chopped coriander.
Cook on low heat until the fish is well cooked and dry. Squeeze in the remaining lemon juice, adjust salt (remember the fish was marinated with salt so be careful and add only if needed) and add the garam masala, chillies and remaining coriander. Give it a quick stir and turn off the heat. Use as needed.