Servings : Serves 2
No other fruit says summer like the crunchy, thirst quenching watermelon. Although watermelons can now be found in the markets throughout the year, the season for watermelon is in the summer when they are sweet and of the best quality.
Aside from being incredibly sweet and tasty, here are some of the watermelon’s health benefits:
– It’s packed with some of the most important antioxidants found in nature.
– It’s an excellent source of vitamin C and a very good source of vitamin A,
– Rich in electrolytes sodium and potassium that we lose through our perspiration.
– Has a special cooling effect and is exceptionally high in an amino acid that helps to remove ammonia from the body.
– The antioxidants help reducing the severity of asthma.
– It also reduces the risk of colon cancer, asthma, heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and prostate cancer.
– Watermelon is a good source of thiamin, potassium and magnesium which protect our body from so many diseases.
– Best of all, watermelon is fat free but helps energy production.
- 2-3 slices cold watermelon
- water as needed
- sugar to taste (if needed)
- lemon, ginger or mint (optional)
Remove as many of the seeds as you can from the watermelon
Blend together to the consistency of your choice, sieve any leftover seeds and drink!
You can spice it up a bit with lemon, ginger or mint…but in my opinion, nothing beats the pure watermelon taste! YUM!!