Servings : Serves 2-3
Lassi is a popular and refreshing traditional yoghurt-based drink of the Indian subcontinent. It has certain similarities to smoothies.
My favorite is the Mango Lassi. YUM!
- 1 cup mango pulp (or the soft flesh of 1 big peeled/chopped ripe mango)
- 1 cup fresh plain yoghurt
- 1/2 cup chilled/icy milk
- 1/2 cup ice-cubes
- 2-4 tbsp. honey or sugar (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp cream (fresh or heavy, optional)
- small pinch of salt
- small pinch of cardamom powder (optional)
You can use quarter tsp. of ginger powder instead of cardamom powder for a slightly spicy dimension to the drink.
Put all the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth, thick and frothy. Taste and adjust sweetness and flavoring to your preference. You can thin the consistency to suit your liking by adding some extra cold water or milk. I prefer it thick and luscious!! Soooo yummy!
Serve with garnish of either mint leaves or crushed pistachios.