Servings : Serves 8-10
A dessert that incorporates cake, caramel pudding, pineapple and cream. Rich, delicious and really easy to put together, one of my favourite recipes!
- plain cake, cut into cubes (I baked a simple vanilla cake for this, but you can use box cakes or ready-made ones...any plain vanilla cake will do)
- 1 box/packet instant caramel pudding
- 1 ½ cups of whipping cream + 1 tbsp. icing sugar+ 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pineapple wedges, drained
- milk as needed to make the caramel pudding PLUS 1 more cup
Here is the recipe for my Plain Vanilla Cake.
Place the cubed cake pieces in a bowl/dish. Prepare the caramel pudding according to instructions, but add an extra cup of milk above what they ask for on the box. When ready, pour it onto the cake and let this cool completely. You can even cling film and refrigerate until the pudding sets.
Whip the cream with the icing sugar and a tsp. of vanilla plus the pineapple wedges. Pour this on your cooled set cake pudding evenly.
Heat the small caramel sachet that comes with the Instant Pudding for about 10 secs in the micro. Cut a small hole and drizzle the caramel all over the dessert. Refrigerate.
Serve chilled & enjoy! 🙂