Servings : Makes 25-30
These delicious bite-sized biscuit chocoballs can be coated with sesame seeds or left plain or dipped in dessicated coconut.
- 10-15 dates, deseeded and chopped into tiny bits
- 2 tbsp. crushed nuts
- 1 packet Digestive biscuits (about 20-23 pieces)
- 5 tbsp. Cadbury's cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tin condensed sweet milk (approximately, you may need less)
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- some sesame seeds for coating (lightly roasted)
Crush the biscuits in a processor. Add the dates and process for a few seconds until the dates are well mixed into the biscuits. Pour out into a bowl, then add the cocoa powder, nuts, melted butter, condensed sweet milk and the desiccated coconut. Mix everything together until the mixture resembles a dough that can be easily formed into balls. Make sure you add the sweet milk a little at a time whilst mixing, stop when you feel you can form balls out of the mixture easily. If you accidentally add too much condensed milk, then you can always add a bit more coconut or digestives to compensate.
Once all are shaped, roll them in sesame seeds. And that's it!!