Servings : Serves 4-5
One of the tastiest, creamiest, most delicious chicken dishes I've ever made! I served the dish with parathas/chapatis. But it can go well with naans too.
Recipe courtesy of Fati Naz
Ingredients for Chicken Marinade
- 1 kg chicken, skinless cut into 10-12 pcs with slits -Marinate the chicken in the ingredients below covered in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight without tenderizer.
- 3 tbsp. full thick yoghurt
- 3 tbsp. fresh cream
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp. tandoori masala
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tsp. paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp. fresh fenugreek
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. finely crushed cumin
- 1 tsp. finely crushed coriander
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. meat tenderizer (skip this if you are marinating overnight)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. melted butter or ghee
Ingredients for Sauce
- 4 tbsp butter + 1/4 cup oil (I later drained the excess oil)
- 1 tsp. ginger garlic paste
- 300gm tomatoes, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 green chillies, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
Pre-heat oven at 200C and grill the chicken. Place the chicken pieces on an oiled oven grill & keep an oven tray underneath to catch any drippings which will be used later in the sauce. Grill the chicken pieces on both sides, for about 8-10 min per side or until slightly charred.
In a large pan, on medium heat, melt the butter then add the oil.
Add the ginger & garlic,1 green chilli and fry for a few seconds.
Add in the chopped tomatoes and cook until all the water from the tomatoes dries up.
Add the grilled chicken, the remaining marinade and drippings, salt and green chilli.
Keep on low heat, covered & cook for 10 minutes.
Add the cream and cook for another 2-3 min.